Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nothin' to Lose


This past weekend was full of enjoyment. The headliner for the weekend was the Josh Gracin concert on Lower Bourke. Great times.

After the concert, I went over to a friend's house. It was really cool because after the concert, I didn't really feel like going over, I just felt like crashing at home and watching a movie. Little did I know what the evening had in store for me! I got my fix of relaxation as I people-watched from a chair in the corner of the basement. I just sat there by myself for about 15-20 watching everybody interact with each other and enjoy each others' company. I entered reflection mode as I pondered where I would be this time next year; away from college life and into a new and exciting chapter. Following my personal reflection time, I started walking around the house and ended up having awesome conversations with people with whom I had never had the opportunity of having really good, in-depth discussions. Following this series of authentic conversation, I finally made it to a point where I had the urge to join the dance party. I made my way back downstairs and burned up the floor (yea right!). It was funny because on my way over to the house I was saying that I was only in the mood to stay for an hour or not much longer than that...3 hours later and I'm finally making my way out the door. When I got back to my house, I decided that I needed to wind down before I went to bed. What better way to do that than to utilize the fire pit in my backyard? So I got a small fire going; fit for the enjoyment of the company of one. Just sat and took in the whole evening, in addition to a series of other thoughts. I was completely fulfilled on the evening because I was about ready to settle for a night of sitting in front of a television screen for 2 hours while everyone else had fun. I got to experience the night on a completely different level as I hit every facet of a party experience by soaking in the moment at the beginning; sharing great conversation with friends; and then getting my dance moves on before leaving the house and reflecting in front of a small fire. I don't mean to discredit the experience of everyone else, but I would argue that I had the BEST night of anybody there.

No comments:

Post a Comment