Monday, August 15, 2011

Can't Get Enough Outdoors


One weekend after I got back to civilization after an entire summer in the wilderness, my family decided to go on a vacation. A weekend camping by Dillon Reservoir between Dillon and Frisco Colorado. I think I kind of like this stuff. My mom asked me if I was alright with going camping for our family vacation. I love it. I finally got to go fishing too. I hadn't been fishing on a lake during the summer since 2009. I grew up fishing every summer. Wasn't great, only caught one on the weekend but it was such a great time just sitting back relaxing on the lake shore; talking on an individual basis with each of my siblings who were there and my parents. One of my favorite parts of being in the outdoors is relying on the people around you for entertainment and enjoyment.


On the last day we went for a bike ride too. That was awesome because in the past we just packed up camp and came back home on Sundays; this time, after we packed up camp, we biked over the dam to the Dillon Marina, then back over the dam into Frisco and went out to dinner. It was just an all-around enjoyable day. The best part was realizing that those times that we went home, we just unpacked and sat around for the rest of the day; instead, this time we actually made something out of the day and then unpacked and went to bed when we got back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment