Monday, August 8, 2011

Camp Wojtyla - Anniversary Music


The next story, I don't actually have anything recorded in my journal; nonetheless, I absolutely had to include my parents' 25th anniversary. During the weeks between classes ending and camp starting I was trying desperately to pull something together for my parents' anniversary. I started off trying to get a scrapbook of them through the years - fail. I was in contact with one of my mom's friends and we were going to look for a venue about a month and a half before the big day - fail. I left for camp and was, from that point on, out of the equation when it came to planning for the surprise. Fortunately, my oldest brother took the reigns with tons of help from a couple of my mom's friends. My parents thought that they were just going over for a small family dinner. Little did they know, my brother and company had rallied together a posse of guests for the occasion (around 50 people or so). They were both very moved that so many people came to celebrate their devotion to each other.

Mom and Dad, I love you bot
h very much, and I can't thank you both enough for the inspiring example you are to me and all of your children. You have raised a beautiful family...with an awesome third son!











Again, being out of the loop for planning
the actual party, I felt the need to contribute in some way. I had learned a few chords on the guitar. So I started working on some lyrics. I got stuck so I prayed for a little help from the good old third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit. Lo, and behold, a song. Now, since I don't have a journal entry to put in italics for this entry, I'll just include the lyrics and the video from the anniversary backyard performance. Video on youtube.com at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDFtQZjA-lI. Enjoy!

Giving You My Whole Life by Justin Langfield

Two worlds collide
It was true love from the start
A love so divine
Joining two young hearts

It didn't take too long
A leap of faith, a drop of grace
Nothing in the whole world mattered
As he looked upon her face

Chorus:
This is a love that's everlasting
A joy that's never-ending
A bond that's cherished 'til the end of time
Yes, we've had our struggles
We've shared our times of grief
But I promise you I will never stop
Giving you my whole life

Life came with surprises
Each experience was new
Each child and memory
The love it only grew

All the world around us
Families crumblin' to the ground
You two have both stayed strong
For 25 years now

Chorus

Caring for each other
Each and every day
When the road meets the rubber
You never run away
You taught all of your children
How to have a loving heart
We're all growing up now
But we'll never be apart

Blessings from the Lord
Give this marriage what is due
Never go a day without sayin'
I love you

Chorus 2x

No comments:

Post a Comment