Monday, August 8, 2011

Camp Wojtyla - Faith Like a Child
















One of my personal struggles with my Catholic faith has been truly grasping the miracle of the Eucharist - that the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Jesus Christ. I do believe it, but it is certainly a challenge when all five of our senses tell us that nothing has changed.

During the Eucharist a few days ago, Lily (age 3) helped me with my belief in the real miracle that is the bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Jesus Christ. In the middle of the blessing she said, "That's Jesus." So simple. The faith of a child is so beautiful.

I had been praying so much about this issue in the weeks leading up to this incident during Mass. It's amazing to me how much children can influence the faith of a grown man. Thank you, Lily.

Children can teach us so much about faith. One story that I remember hearing during high school was from the Youth Pastor at my church. He talked about how his youngest son, Daniel (age 4 at the time of the story) had fallen and hurt himself. He got up crying and his immediate reaction was he reached out with both arms to his father. I know that prayer to my Father is not the first place I typically go when I am hurt. Just another prime example of the things we can learn from children. Love 'em.

1 comment:

  1. Majid, I visited your blog and the AdChoices were not there. I will definitely continue to try though. My internet is being really weird. I did the same thing a while ago and have yet to make anything either so I know how frustrating that is. I pray that everything works out for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete