Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hawk Hunt Winners!

I participated in a huge scavenger hunt put on by Residence Life the weekend of April 1st and 2nd. When my team heard all of the rules and the technology, we thought we were going to be at quite a disadvantage because none of us had a smart phone of any kind. We had to receive all of the clues via text message.

It started at 5pm on the 1st. Again, I thought we were going to be at another disadvantage because I didn't get off of work until after 8. We pulled an all-nighter, looking for clues on campus until 5:30am on the 2nd. After that, we started about town, searching for clues around the KC Metro Area.


We were starting to get a little drained after our noon check-in, but were rejuvinated with a strong finish of solving clues for the final three hours of the hunt. We were all confident that we had made a strong showing. "Maybe we got second or third." I was being extra positive (and at the time I even thought maybe a little overconfident) when I assured my team that our strong finish had bolstered us into the lead. What was awesome was that, regardless of whether or not we actually did win, I had such an awesome time. The points took three days to be counted until they let us know....VICTORY!!! More or less a Cinderella story because there was a couple of teams that we thought had the advantage on paper. We had good talent on our team and worked great together throughout the night. It was so much fun. Oh, and the $250/person prize money was also pretty cool.


Repeat next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment