Monday, April 11, 2011

Greek Week & Initiation

This is by far the craziest week of the year. Fun. But oh so stressful at the same time. Quick overview of how my fraternity performed this week:



Banner - 1st place; Chalk Drawing - 1st place; Greek Games - 1st place; Skit - 1st place; Fraternity GPA for Fall 2010 - 1st place; Penny Wars - 3rd place. There were two events in which we didn't place, Capture the Flag and Canstruction, but with our small numbers we made an incredible showing. All of these added up to us getting a very close 2nd place overall. With half the amount of people in our organization as everybody else, I couldn't be more proud of our guys. And to the girls who pulled it out just ahead of us (3 points) Congratulations! We'll be back for ya next year! Oh and Greek Formal, awesome.


Finally, yesterday we initiated seven great new members into the fraternity. I stood back and watched after everything was over. I just watched as everyone interacted with each other, sharing stories, laughing, and making memories that will last a lifetime. The whole scene was so surreal.


I'm at kind of a weird spot right now, coming to the homestretch of my college career. One more year. The end is lurking. But the thing that made last night so awesome was seeing the men that were coming after me. Having such confidence that they will be more successful than we that came before them have been. That's what I told one of the guys. I said, "Your responsibility now is making this fraternity better than it is tonight. At the end of your time here, if you can look back and say you as a class did that, then you've succeeded." I'm really excited for next year. There will be many memories made to be cherished. Furthermore, I can't wait to come back as an alum to see the great things that are going to happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment