Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday & Easter

I turned 21 this past week. April 19th. The night of my birthday, I went bowling with a group of friends. Unfortunately, we got there at 9pm only to find out that the lanes were closing at 10pm. So we only got in one game, but it was still a fun night out with the guys.





The next day, my roommate Nate Olson, took mee to see Arcade Fire at the Starlight Theatre. I had honestly never heard of the, but they won album of the year, so they had to be good. The opener, The National, really wasn't great live, but then Arcade Fire came on the stage and blew the crowd away. The whole show was just so well put together. Nate O. love ya man! Thanks for an awesome birthday!


Thursday I flew back home to Colorado. After Holy Thursday Mass, I went back to my house and the driveway was plastered with chalk. My little sister had decorated the entire thing with birthday wishes for me. Best sister in the whole world. Opened some gifts that night...got some stuff for the summer camp that I'm going to be working this summer. My dad took me and my brothers golfing on Saturday and, I hadn't been golfing in about 2 years so I did about as well as I would have expected. Although, I did not expect to be losing to my 11-year-old brother after the front 9. I did improve on the back 9 by 18 strokes though. That's bittersweet. I did so awful on the first 9 holes that there was room to improve by 18 strokes on the back 9. With that performance, I was able to pull out a come-from-behind victory over my little brother. Beat him by 7 strokes. Still gotcha David!







We hosted the extended familiy the next day for Easter. The whole day was great. The highlight is in the video. Here's how the Langfield family celebrates Christ's resurrection - juggling flaming torches! We do birthdays, anniversaries, and reunions too!

No comments:

Post a Comment