Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Formal

April 16th was my fraternity's formal. We went to a really nice event space in downtown Kansas City called Nara. It was by far the nicest place we've been to over the past three years that I've gone. We ate dinner, gave out awards, and danced the night away. One of the highlights from the evening was that the event space was above a restaurant; well, we danced pretty hard and a rock fell from the ceiling of the restaurant and landed in someone's sushi. It was awesome because the manager wasn't upset with us at all. It was actually the opposite. He told us that we should probably tone it down a little, but he was more impressed than angry.




Certainly can't go without mentioning what a wonderful date I had as well. I had been really excited to take Colleen Smyth in the weeks leading up to the night - that was before I had seen her break down her dance moves. She stole the show. I've never seen anybody burn up the dance floor like she did. Realization...my two left feet. We had to leave the event space at 10:30, but that certainly didn't mean that the party was over. We went over to one of my friend's houses and continued the dance party there in his basement. When 1:30am rolled around, I was about ready to leave with my roommate to go back to my house and make a late-night pizza. I went downstairs and the dancing was still going with a few people. Colleen, Ryan Marian, and his date Kelsey Carver were down there having a private dance party. This was more my scene. Less crowded, more laid back, I had to stay. Nate Yaffe, the host for the night, came down and joined us for a while too. We kept it going until about 4 in the morning; that's when we decided to watch the Princess Bride.


Headed back to the house at around 5:30 in the morning. Had an incredible time. Shout out to Colleen for being an awesome date!

No comments:

Post a Comment