Friday, May 6, 2011

To PT or Not to PT?

It's been on my mind over the past couple of months to consider Physical Therapy school after I graduate next spring. I've been considering a lot of different factors that play into it. There are people that I know in the field, I'm becoming increasingly interested in my classes concerning the human body and how it works. My history with my back injury is another contributing factor that is making me consider this option even more. Relatability. I really love helping others, and if could combine that with my own personal background story when I work with them...I think that would be a cool aspect to add
to a work environment. I'm not sure if it is what I want to do though. I've been learning a lot about the human body, but I've never been very confident when it comes to anything having to do with the sciences. I think that is my biggest worry as of right now. Lack of confidence. I'm looking to do a couple of days of shadowing over the summer, and I want to find an internship for the fall semester at least so that I can get a better idea of what I would be doing. I keep running into thinking that I have to make a decision about it faster than I actually have to; I know that I have another year to figure it out because I won't even be eligible to apply until July of 2012. I won't be able to start PT school until 2013.

There's a scary and exciting aspect to not having a clue what I'm going to do after school (not that I'm the only one). That is where my faith life has become so important. I believe that God will be there for me through it all. If physical therapy is the direction I am meant for, He will grant me enough wisdom to see that road when I need to. If that is not the road for me, He will lead me to another path that is better fit for me. It is very exciting because I do have a lot of options that I can explore so if one doesn't work out, then it simply wasn't meant for me and I have the opportunity to choose something else.
When you learn what you have no control over and surrender them to God, the things you were trying to control find a way of falling into place in a way that you never thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment