Monday, May 23, 2011

Beautiful Colorado!

What a full week of AWESOME! To kick off the summer, my younger brother, Zach, graduated high school on the 18th of May. I know I'm only 21 years old, but seeing Zach graduate really made it sink in that I'm going to graduate college in now under 12 months. Whoa! What? Can't be more proud of him. It has been awesome seeing how much he has grown over the past 3 years. It's funny, Zach and I used to find any excuse to strangle each other growing up; now, he is one of my best friends. Interesting how that happens. Love you, brother. Congratulations!
Now, I've been itching to get back to Colorado because I've been wanting to go hiking for a long time. My brother and I made it happen on the 21st. We took off in the early afternoon. Couldn't have asked for better weather. A little windy at times, but just a gorgeous Colorado day. We went to Golden Gate Canyon just outside of Golden, CO. The pictures do not do justice to the breath-taking views we witnessed. We started on the trail but decided that if we just went along the beaten path we might as well have just gone for a walk. So we took it off trail and explored a little bit. It made me think about all of the explorers of the Louisiana Territory. Uncharted land. Wild animals. Treacherous country. No fear. That is something that I would love to do. Get off the beaten trail. With no one to depend on but myself and the good Lord. I've definitely got some stuff to learn before I try anything too crazy, but...man, I just want to test my limits. Ok, a little bit of a tangent on that one, but I guess you learned a little something deeper about me. Anyway, in a nutshell, I just loved getting out to the mountains again. There's nothing like it. I cannot wait until Camp Wojtyla. I get a full summer of immersion in the great outdoors of Colorado, integrated with helping middle school and high school students in the development of the Catholic faith. More to come on that subject as I begin training in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment