Monday, March 28, 2011

Learning to Climb
















The theme of my weekend is provided by this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoqGUVOXmkU


I will not go into any details but basically I was faced with a situation that put me on the ground in my room with tears on my face and my heart on the floor. And I don't break down like that very easily. I talked to a few great friends about the situation (a most sincere thank you to those who were there for me to listen - you know who you are). I was able to pour my heart out to all of these people and with their help I made it through.


There is no way that I could have gotten through all of this without the help of my friends, my dad whom I also talked to about it, and my faith. Until recently, I have not really ever read much out of the Bible, but lately subjects have been coming up in this amazing book that are shedding light on and getting me through some of life's toughest tribulations. Comfort was brought to me through one of the songs at Mass yesterday (in addition to the readings). The song was "You are Mine," and the chorus says, "Do not be afraid; I am with you." None of us can do this on our own. No matter how independent we think we are, we will always need someone to be walking right there with us. Not only to be there through our struggles to pick us up when we fall, but also to celebrate with us when we succeed. I got to experience both ends of that spectrum to the extreme this weekend. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! After all is said and done...Life is just soooo good. "This world ain't fair, it can knock you on your butt. You can just lie there, or you can get back up. You've gotta get back up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment