Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rain or Shine, I am going camping!

The past week, the only thing that has gotten me through all of the workload, tests, etc was knowing that Saturday was going to bring a night out in the woods with a great group of guys doing manly things. I was so excited because it was originally planned for the previous week, for which I would have been in Nebraska. It got moved to this weekend so I was going to be able to go.

















I had one more obligation to get to on Saturday morning, volunteering with the Girl Scouts (some selfish motivation in the free donuts and cookies!) That was tons of fun by the way. I got to help facilitate a discussion about media influences with these young girls, teaching them about the lies and tricks that you can find all to easily in magazines. The oldest girls there were in 6th grade and I was pleasantly surprised at how intelligent they all were. Lots of really good thoughts that I honestly never expected to hear from children of that age group. They also made me sing Justin Bieber - because my name is Justin and who else would young girls think of when they hear the name Justin but Justin Bieber? I think it's time for a haircut.

Anyway, back to the camping. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and the trip was called off. Plan B. Steak and potatoes and "The Patriot." Not too shabby. However, I was determined to go camping. I had been looking forward to it all week. Now that I have a backyard, and a tent, I have everything I need. The air mattress that I got for Christmas got its first test run as well. I got my fix for the weekend. Next weekend, I'll have to include camp fire, smores, and hopefully other people in my backyard campout. Something to get me through another busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment