Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Habitat Event, Man Date, Initiation


Last Thursday, my fraternity put on its annual event to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. Thanks to all of the businesses in the Kansas City area for your generous donations to help make this a successful event. We raised over $500 for Habitat. The poker tournament was not as big of a hit as usual, but there was lots of participation in the Rootbeer Pong Tournament. We got two kegs of rootbeer donated from Fitz's and students could get unlimited rootbeer throughout the night for attending. There were tons of awesome prizes including but not limited to: a professional massage, gift cards to the plaza, and a date with one of the active members of the fraternity.

Saturday night, after I got off of work, my roommate Nate Olson and I went on a long overdue man date. A night filled with video games, good conversation is just what we both needed. Carefree.

Finally, on Sunday, the candidates that have been going through their education process for the past 8 weeks were initiated into my fraternity. It is always really exciting when new brothers fully become a member of this organization. I am a proud member of my fraternity, and the growing relationships with guys that are already in combined with the excitement of meeting and getting to know more and more people every year is really awesome for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment