Sunday, October 31, 2010

Love (and Smores) Will Hold Us Together




I don't know why God chooses to bless me with such abundance, but I guess that's for Him to know and me to most likely never fully understand. I can live with that.
Friday, I got to do one of my favorite things in the world. I got to make use of the fire pit in my backyard again. We had a really good crowd come over, just enough chairs and stumps to accommodate for everyone. Once again, great company, some solid background music to set the mood, and a gorgeous fall evening. Oh! and SMORES!!! Here's one aspect of the night I was not expecting: I bought four bundles of wood that I thought, maybe we'll go through it all maybe we won't. We burned all of it! Six hour campfire!
Saturday presented another opportunity for a great memory. I went to a concert with a group of friends. Matt Maher, Addison Road, and Tenth Avenue North. The really awesome thing about a Christian rock concert in my mind (besides the fact that it was 1/3 of the price of any other concert I've ever been to) is that it was so much more personal. There is a message in their music that I can really connect with, regardless of faith. My faith certainly strengthens my belief in that message, but getting through the trials of life together with love and forgiveness, I believe, is something rooted into human nature regardless of what your religious beliefs are. I was also moved that night to begin sponsoring a child in Indonesia. I'm really excited to start this overseas relationship in which I am contributing to a change in this world. Ari Putra Dwi Ramadhan is 12 years old and lives in an area of the world that is subject to many injustices, especially for children. I'll certainly be updating on the progression of the sponsorship.

After the concert, we went to Winstead's. I have...had a bucket list item that I needed to take care of. Over the summer, I had tag-teamed the Skyscraper challenge. Tonight, I was ready to face it on my own. A little encouragement from the people around me, and I was able to pound home the tall shake. Most importantly, I didn't throw up afterwards!

Again, another incredible weekend. My blessings are countless like the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment