Monday, October 11, 2010

A Langfield Weekend

I got to go home for fall break. Fall break is a great opportunity for students to take a breather in the middle of the semester, catch up on sleep, kick their feet up...not so when I go back home to the life of the Langfields. To start, my mom had a family emergency and had to go to Canada for three days; in result, I had to play soccer mom for the week, taking my younger siblings to school, picking them up, taking them to practices and games. And I thought I would get to catch up on sleep.

I got to spend some quality time with every one of my family members though. Some racquetball with my oldest brother, Buffalo Wild Wings and the Avalanche game with both of my older brothers (Avs won 4-3 in OT), bowling with four of the five of my siblings. I got to see my youngest brother's volleyball games, my younger sister's soccer game (she scored the one and only goal), and my brother, who is the senior QB, I got to see his football game. As far as time with my parents, I got to sit back and have some great conversations with both of them. I love all of my family so much.

Highlight of the weekend. My family was invited to a wedding. It was on Saturday night and that was the only night that I was going to be able to hang out with a couple of friends from high school. At first I wasn't going to go - in fact I missed the wedding itself. My dad called later in the evening and told us to come down to the reception. We came from Buffalo Wild Wings (twice in one week, awesome) so I was dressed in jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes, and my infamous, extremely faded Justin Boots hat. At first it was a little uncomfortable, but once the music started playing and we got to dancing, it didn't matter. I burned up the dance floor once again, and got to dance with some very pretty girls in the process.

I can't wait to go back home again. Six more weeks until I get a whole week off for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, I'll actually get some sleep this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment