Monday, October 25, 2010

Non-Stop Fun!







What a weekend! To kick it off, I was invited to the Theta Phi Alpha "Theta Phi in Disguise" dance. I was asked by someone and the idea behind it is that neither myself nor the girl whom I was asked for knew that we were going with each other. There was a part of me that really wanted to know who it was because I didn't want it to end up being someone who I didn't know very well, making for a very awkward evening; but it turned out fine. My very fine date was a good friend, Julia Krolikowski. The fun wasn't over when the music stopped either. A group of us went back to Julia's house and we all had chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!

The next morning started early as a small group of us returned to St. Francis Xavier School to do some more manual labor. Not as intense as last week as we only worked for three hours, but we still got a lot of work done. Afterward, I went to a four hour retreat for my fraternity that me and my Brother, Brian Golka put together. Attendance was less than we would have liked, but those who did come gave us a lot of positive comments on the day; so that felt really good that our plans came together and were appreciated by everyone that came.

To cap off the weekend, I went and got bricks with a couple of friends that we found on Craig's List. Fifty bricks, fifteen dollars. Why did we buy fifty bricks? Well, my backyard was lacking a fire pit. No longer is that a problem. I completely ignored any of my responsibilities, and we christened it with its first use on Sunday night. A couple hours underneath the beautiful night sky, a raging fire, good music, and good company - not a care in the world. Just what the doctor ordered. I plan on making good use of that fire pit in the future with numerous nights of hanging out with friends and eating smores!

No comments:

Post a Comment