Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Service at SFX Merits Relaxation











This past weekend, I went to do service across the street at the old St. Francis Xavier School. The building is old and run-down. The playground area wasn't much better. It seemed that it had missed its appointment for routine maintenance by a couple of years. The foliage made it look like a jungle out there. Unfortunately, there were only eight guys that showed up to take on the task, so it took a lot longer than we should have been there, but it was a really a great time to go out there and work with the guys that did show up. I'm going to work there again this coming Saturday for a few hours in the morning. I'm a fan of the physical labor. I don't know why, but it does make me feel a lot more productive doing physical labor. I can feel it through my entire body. Having said that, the rest of my day was planned out for me.

After the long day out in the sun, my roommate and I came home, cooked lunch (pasta and meatballs, YUM!) and then we started watching a football game together...then I woke up. We had both fallen asleep on our respective couches for two and a half hours. We watched the end of the game and then got ready for the evening.

We went out with a large group to Spin! Pizza down near the Plaza. That was a really great time. Reasonably priced food, great service, great company with friends. After Spin! I came back and watched a movie with another group of people. Jurassic Park. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment