Sunday, October 23, 2011

Childhood Memories...Meet College Night

One of my favorite memories growing up was going to the pumpkin patch every year. A couple of vivid memories were when my oldest brother was learning how to drive and I was sitting on the tailgate of our big blue Suburban. He took it a little too fast going on the rough dirt road, hit a bump and I hit my head on the rear hatch window. (Surprised I remembered). The next one was a little less painful. I, myself, learned how to drive at the pumpkin patch. The car that I learned on was an F-150 with a stick shift which ended up being the car that I got to drive for the rest of my high school career.





















Well, this weekend held in store neither a tender bump on the head or any dirt road driving lessons, but yet another Halloween memory was made. My fraternity's date party was planned on the perfect night. Who knew that pumpkin patches had a college night? Discount! We did it all. There was a huge fire; we messed around on all of the rural equipment; took a really scary hay ride; and slid down the hill slides that they had set up. We even made up some fun of our own - a couple scenes of a horror film and a few trust falls. I personally capped off the evening with a warm cup of apple cider and of course...a pumpkin!!! Next on the agenda is roasted pumpkin seeds and an attempt at pumpkin pie...from scratch. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment