Monday, September 26, 2011

Family & Alumni Weekend

This past weekend was family and alumni weekend. It was kicked off with a festival on Lower Bourke field with student organizations providing games and small fundraisers, food, cotton candy, snow cones, and blow-up obstacle courses. There was also three athletic events: men's and women's soccer and women's volleyball. The weekend doubled as the kick-off for homecoming week. The introduction of homecoming court was made at halftime of the men's soccer game. Honored, I was one of the nominees. Finally, I got to sport my vest that I got from Belize again.My family was unfortunately not able to make it out this weekend just with all of the busyness going on back at home with younger siblings sports events going on all weekend. I made the most of it, rather the least of it. I took Friday night to relax as the next few weekends have been filled up already with tons of plans. I stayed in on Friday and watched a movie. As the weekend continued on, I went down to the Plaza Art Fair for a couple of hours. There were some really awesome works of art down there. My favorite was a collection of running gears. I have always wished that I was more artistically talented, but that's simply not one of my gifts.

The next few weeks are pretty full. My first interfraternity Bible study is coming up on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to it as I have been planning for it since last semester. I'm also meeting with Campus Ministry to begin planning a men's retreat for the spring semester.

Don't just survive. Thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment