Sunday, August 1, 2010

Quality Time







I went home last weekend and just simply had the time of my life. The fun started Thursday morning when I went to my aunt and uncle's house to help put together food trays for my cousin's wedding. Great family bonding time. Not to mention joining the "Ooga Booga Tribe." If you really want to know, you can ask me. We proceeded to the reception hall to decorate for the post-wedding festivities.

The next day, I went to a place called Heritage Square where some of my cousins and I rode the Alpine Slide. I relate it to summer bobsledding. Later that evening, my parents hosted the "Uninvited Party" for everyone who was not involved in the rehearsal dinner. It was really awesome. In addition to catching up with some friends who I had not seen in a long time, I pitched wiffle balls to my younger cousins for about an hour. After that, they decided that they were tired of me playing pitcher and they wanted me to be a horse instead. It was a short-lived ride. What can I say? I was worn out from them hitting over 750 home runs on me in our front yard. Again, I'll tell you how the numbers work out if you ask.

Also, on Friday afternoon, I went to my grandma's house and we picked cherries to make a cherry crisp for the misfit party. After the crisp was finished, there was still leftover cherry juice and my aunt taught me how to make cherry syrup. I won't go into details, but the pancakes I had the next morning were quite delicious.

On to the big day. The wedding was, well...quick and painless I guess. Now on to the reception! The Langfield family knows how to do wedding receptions. Did someone say, "Sausage sandwiches!?" Oh and I don't like to brag, but I burned up the dance floor like it was nobody's business. Lemonade and ice water became the fuel for my stylish dancing boots.

The next two days were much slower. Went swimming a couple of times. I also went to a "Bazaar" and the coolest thing there was the velcro jump inflatable. The sign said no flipping but who are they kidding? Everyone wants to see somebody do it. So I took one for the team and gave the people what they wanted.

Sunday night was my final night with my family. We went to Old Chicago for dinner. Simple. Pizza. Delicious. So many wonderful memories all in a few short days. I could go on forever. Life is sooooo good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment