Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ADG National Convention - KCMO
















This year, Alpha Delta Gamma held its National Convention in Kansas City. It worked out perfectly for me because I spent the entire summer here and so I nixed any travel costs that I would have had if I had come from Arvada for the event.

My first role during the convention was a group presentation in front of the entire national fraternity, including most of the National Executive Board. At first, I was really worried about the presentation because I found out that I had a speaking part only a week before the seminar was supposed to take place; however, with the help of the other guys who were giving the presentation, I was able to pull it all together, and I got a lot of positive feedback from some of the guys from across the nation.

The climax of the week was when our chapter, Zeta Chapter, was awarded Chapter of the Year. We all worked really hard this past year, not that being best chapter in the nation was what was driving us, but it was very rewarding to know that all of the improvements we had made as a chapter had been recognized. It was a really exciting week, and I made a handful of new friends. The only downfall of having the convention in Kansas City was that I wasn't staying at the hotel with everyone; I would have liked that because then I could have spent more time with my fraternity brothers from across the United States. Ad Dei Gloriam.

No comments:

Post a Comment