Monday, August 9, 2010

New House Coming Together
















I spent my first night in my new house this past Wednesday. This has been a typical move - take stuff form the old place, dump it at the new place. Slowly, very slowly, things were starting to get organized and we were settling in. I put u pa rod in my closet to hang all of my clothes; scored a free bed; attempted to put a shelf on top of the rod of clothes, but the bracket popped out of the wall so that project failed. Despite this minor setback, I can now see the floor in my room, and I can maneuver my way around without too much hassle. I also got a couple of my pictures framed and hung on the wall which puts somewhat of a finishing touch on the place.

The main project that had been seemingly overwhelming was the living room. My roommate Josh and I worked on it for really only about an hour or so before we found the setup that we decided would work best. You can actually walk freely through the living room to the dining room without performing any gymnastics or breaking your neck. Oh, the simple things we take for granted. Speaking of taking things for granted, I took my first warm shower in the place today. The past few days the shower had been pretty chilly, which I don't mind all that much, but a warm shower in the morning is always nice.

As fond as I am of the new place - it makes me really proud that I've been able to work my way into being able to afford a place of my own - my real home will always be in Colorado. This is my home away from home, temporarily. Nothing will ever compare to a drawn-out gaze to the west while the sun sets over the majestic Rocky Mountains. Luckily, I have breath-taking photos of my favorite place to go on vacation; well not necessarily the exact spot, but camping in the mountains always gets it done for me. Kind of got side-tracked a little bit there, but the main thing I'm getting at is that my house in Kansas City is feeling like another home, and I'm really excited for all of the great memories that are in store for Josh, Nate, and I this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment