Sunday, February 27, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

This weekend was jam-packed with all kinds of awesome memories. Friday night, after I got off work, we got the evening kicked off with some guys only time for a couple of hours. More people started rolling into the house (the best turn out we've had for any of our gatherings). Best part of the night...I made brownies that were delicious. I love having people over to the house so that I can share the many blessings which I have been given. They're not worth much if you don't share them.

Saturday was go, go, go. Planned Parenthood at 7am. Had a little bit of a scare on the drive home. We hit a patch of ice, swurved one way, then another; the driver almost saved it, but the car ended up spinning 360 degrees. We slid up onto the median and came within a couple of feet of smashing into a light pole. We lifted up a prayer of thanksgiving for God's protection. Our guardian angels were up to the task. Thanks, Samuel.

Later, Josh and I went to volunteer at the YMCA again. Kelly wasn't there this time, so I got to meet a new kid. His name was, "B-E-A-U. Beau." (Pronounced Bo). That's how he introduced himself. He spelled it out for me. It was awesome. Beau and I really connected well. It was so much fun working with him. After we got back from the Y, I went and saw Rockhurt's production of Macbeth with Nate. I didn't find this out until after, but in talking with one of the members of the cast, I found out that they put the entire thing together in 3 1/2 weeks! Memorizing the lines, building the set, everything. Very impressive. Lastly, on Saturday evening, I got to go to one of the sorority's dances. The one setback of the night was that I accidentally put BBQ sauce on my strawberry. It looked like chocolate syrup for fondu; plus, the chicken tenders weren't out yet so I don't feel too bad about the misunderstanding. (Still tasted ok by the way). Other than that, the dance was so much fun. We had a circle of good friends just tearing it up. Afterwards, some of us went to Chubby's for a late-night dessert. Oh, it had been too long since my last visit to Chubby's.

So all of this great stuff happened over the weekend, but there is one thing that I am particularly excited about that has been taking shape over the past couple of months, and is actually still in progress. I started learning a new song on the piano a couple of months ago. It's the first new song that I've tried to learn in two years. It's called "Ridin' West" by Jon Schmidt. Well, I was struggling with a couple of the pages for a relatively long time, and I finally made it through that part of the song. Still some polishing up to do, but I did it pretty well. I connected this as a life lesson. There will always be struggles in life. Yes, there will be some things that come easy, but when we get to those rocky parts of our lives, we cannot give up. For, when we meet those challenges head on, and we work through them, that is when our life's song comes together in harmony. Does that sound good? I was trying to be somewhat deep and metaphorical. Ah, either way, you get the idea right?

No comments:

Post a Comment