Sunday, February 13, 2011

Retreat on the Rock











What a weekend. The anticipation has been building over the past couple of months. The other retreat leaders and I have been preparing since November and this experience was just a homerun. I will fill you in on what details I can.

First off, I was really excited to do my talk for this retreat. It wasn't one that I had chosen as a preference, which leads me to the simple conclusion that it was completely out of my hands, and in the hands of someone else. That's right, my friend the Big Man. I accepted the challenge of giving the talk on Christian Values. I don't mean to brag, that's not my style, but I knocked this thing out of the park (sticking with the baseball references). It just felt so good. I was confident. My delivery was great. Everything went according to plan.
The next awesome part of the retreat for me as a leader was this: I got to witness a group of five all but complete strangers develop into a group of five people bound by a friendship that has been enhanced by the sharing of their lives and the prayers which were shared. Just awesome. I wish I could go into detail. But if you want to know more about the powerful experience that is Retreat on the Rock...SIGN UP!
Only six hours of sleep over the weekend...but I wouldn't trade what happened this weekend for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment