Monday, December 27, 2010

A Wonderful Christmas Season!











I started a job last Monday. I'm only working until this coming Saturday. Perfect. This is the exact position I was looking for. Valet=hardly any work. Also enough money to get me through the holidays. And I only have to work six days out of my five week break. I'm going to be in and out of employment with the restaurant before they even give me my first paycheck! Unfortunately, I did have to work Christmas Eve instead of enjoying a relaxing evening at my grandma's. It was really cool though, I wore a Santa hat to work and then I saw a homeless man who was dressed as Santa. Naturally, I ran over to him and told him that I liked his hat. We got to talking and he let me take a picture with him. He had a real Santa beard! He told me that I had some work to do. But his took five years to grow, so I've still got some catching up to do. I also have to work both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I'll get over it. Besides, there will be a firework show about two blocks away from the restaurant, so I should be able to watch while I "work."

In the meantime, I went skiing with David Wallisch at Eldora Ski Resort, just outside of Boulder, CO. I get my fix there. I get out to the slopes once or twice a year, and I enjoy going, but with how expensive it is once or twice is plenty for me. Although, this time around, my mom paid for my rentals, and David, bless his heart, got me a free lift ticket. How lucky am I?

Christmas Day came and went. I cannot believe 2010 is almost over. A saying that I picked up about life, can't remember where, "Life is like a roll of toilet paper: the more you go through, the faster it gets." There's a second half of the saying; if you're curious, you can ask me about it. I really didn't ask for much this year, but my parents decided to spoil us this year. Among other things, all of us kids (there are six) got an IPod Touch. I have so much. Apart from everything that I got for Christmas. God has given me so much - friends, family, food, shelter, I could go on. I had to part myself from the crowd on Christmas Day because I was so overwhelmed by it all.

On top of everything else, my parents decided that this year we are going on a family vacation...to JAMAICA! We have never been on a vacation like this before. Our family vacations have usually been to visit my mom's family in Canada (which is awesome) or we go camping over the summer for a week (which is also awesome) but this will be so much fun. A brand new experience. I'm sure I will be telling you about the trip after we get back home in mid-January.

No comments:

Post a Comment