Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Final Weekend Before Break...







I got a great mix of fun and relaxation in this final weekend. Starting Thursday night (didn't have any finals on Friday) we had a few people over to the house. It was really awesome. We sat down at our dining room table with a couple of girls who, well I had met them both and spent some time with one on a service trip, but outside of that hadn't had much contact with either of them. We all talked for four hours! It was such an enjoyable evening. The whole group, the entire time was just so lively and fun.

Friday evening began with an E-Board meeting for my fraternity. Probably the last thing any of us wanted to do on the day that finals ended, but we did what we had to do. Afterwards, I went over to a new friend's house who I met at the Wednesday night FOCUS Mass. They had put on a guys' night, which I had missed a pretty powerful activity during which they prayed for the respect of women in outside a high-dollar strip club...pretty serious stuff. Awesome group of guys. Anyway, after that, they said that I was still welcome to come hang out at the house for some burgers and poker. What an awesome time. I stayed over there for a few hours, was welcomed with open arms (and a bun). I'm really excited to see a lot of them when we all come together for the FOCUS Conference in Denver in January. After I got back to the house, we had people over again, and had a slumber party! First time we've utilized the pull-out couch. We housed five extra people in our house on Friday night. One on the futon in the living room, two on the pull-out couch, and two more on the futon in the dining room. It was so awesome.

On Saturday, I stayed in my pajamas most of the day. I did change briefly because Nate, Josh, and I all went to Walgreen's to develop our Christmas card. That's right. 5120 Christmas card. You are lucky enough to be entitled to access to the top three pictures from the night. You can never have too much whipped cream!

Well, Sunday rolled around, and David Wallisch and I headed out for home. We broke up the drive into two days. We stopped and stayed with one of his roommates in Hays, Kansas; crashed on their furniture for the night and then finished the drive on Monday. Hard to believe I'm already home again. I feel like I just graduated high school yesterday, and all of a sudden, in the blink of an eye, I'm a second semester junior, president of a fraternity, with tremendous life experiences racking up faster than I could have ever imagined, and with so much more to come. Life has so much in store. People say that "these are the best years of your life." I sure hope not, obviously not because I am dissatisfied with my experiences thus far, but I know that I will continue to grow and learn life lessons all the way to my death bed. That's what's important in life; youthful years are certainly meant to be enjoyed and there are a lot of lessons to be learned, but they never stop, and that is what makes life such a joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment