Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Family

I talked to my mom for the first time in a little over a week today. Things have been crazy with work, trying to figure things out with the house I'm going to be renting, getting into a routine, so many things going on right now. I haven't had time to think about how much I miss home. It will always be my home, no matter where my house is.

I am really enjoying being out on my own. Things are going great for me out here in Kansas City. I have a full-time job on campus so I don't have to drive to work. On top of that job, I work random shifts that puts a little extra jingle in my pocket...well checks don't really jingle that much, but they're worth more than pocket change so that more than makes up for the lack of jingle. A little off topic there. Anyway, I'm getting into a routine in which after I get off of work at 4, I do some physical activity - this week has been tennis on Monday and a run on Tuesday and today. After my exercise I grab a bite to eat, and either work my desk job, or plop my now worthless behind on the couch at home and watch TV. Rinse, dry, repeat.

As much of a great time as I am having, I do miss home. My family is the most important thing in my life. To explain the picture...Christmas 2008, my brothers, sister, and I took on a project to make family jerseys. The kids' numbers reflect our birth order (I've been told that the 3rd one's a charm. That's not me talking, that's just what they say. And everyone knows that they are experts on a lot of things, so if you want to contest that's up to you). My parents are "19" and "86" for the year they got married. They turned out terrific! That's just an example of how close my family is. One thing that I miss the most is camping and fishing with my dad and brothers - my sister just outperforms all of us; I don't miss that at all. Just kidding Shannon, I taught you well. No sane person would ever think about leaving their mother out of the mix when reminiscing about home. I appreciate everything that both of my parents have done for me. I feel like they have done well by us. Nobody's perfect. They didn't get everything right. But they did everything out of love for us. Couldn't have asked for more. Thank you mom and dad!

So here's to family, mine and every family in the world. I miss you and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment