Monday, February 6, 2012

A Whole New World!

Childhood, please make your way into my twenties as the classic Disney film comes to the stage at the Kaufmann Theater. OK!

At the beginning of the semester, I talked with my roommate about going to see Aladdin on stage at the new Kaufmann Theater just on the south side of downtown KC. When I finally got a chance to look into it about a week and a half ago, I realized, oh! it's next weekend. Well, acting quickly, I thought it would be a perfect date night for Colleen and I. I was able to get in touch with some other friends who also thought it was a great opportunity for us all to go out and enjoy each other. Quadruple date +1 = a fantastic night, reliving childhood memories.

I got to meet a new friend who I will be going to Nicaragua with in under a month. Alex Boesch. Holy smokes. What a man! Can't wait to spend an entire week with this guy. We hit it right off, going shopping for groceries for the potluck dinner that we had before the show. That awkward, "I don't know what we're supposed to talk about because we just met and this is really weird" was not there. It was so cool! As we shopped, we also took the night up a notch, grabbing a bouquet of flowers for our beautiful dates.

After a post-show ice cream at Winstead's, we went back to one of the girl's house, Anna, and four of us had some great conversation. And then...Just Dance 3 on the Wii. Abandon any pride you might be carrying before you play this game. It was so great! We capped the evening off in the best way possible. The four of us prayed together, praising God for the incredible blessings of the night and lifted up personal intentions. God is GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment