Monday, January 24, 2011

Praying for Life


This weekend was pretty awesome. Saturday morning, I joined up with the FOCUS group from the University of Missouri - Kansas City, and we went and prayed at the Planned Parenthood in Overland Park. It was really powerful. We prayed for everyone you could possibly think of who is involved in an abortion: obviously, the mother and the father, the doctors, all those associated with Planned Parenthood, and the leaders of our country, that they would see the injustice that has been going on legally for the past 38 years.

Saturday continued on a great streak. I was invited to a guys' night over at the FOCUS Missionaries' house. We had some of "Grandma Manion's" spaghetti with bacon; and then we grilled hamburgers in the frigid winter night. A select group, "the best of the best of the best, sir! ...with honors" braved the cold by the side of a fire pit in the front yard. We swapped stories of close encounters with death, funny stories, and random stuff that just makes life so great.

There are some pretty special relationships developing for me through FOCUS. In fact, I am very strongly considering joining the discipleship program in which I would challenge my own faith in ways that I never have before; and, later down the road, I will lead a Bible study and begin to, as they call it, "spiritually multiply" when I will bascially reach out to other leaders whom I would also like to have join the discipleship program.

Lots of exciting things are happening in my life. The best of which I would say is being provoked by my involvement in FOCUS. I still have a lot to learn, and a lot of growth to endure, but I am striving to put God at the center of my life every day and so far the results are nothing less than spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment