Sunday, September 26, 2010

Family Weekend












I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long long time. My little sister and brother have never been out to Kansas City, and neither of my parents have seen my new house. My dad was not able to come out for the weekend because my other younger brother had a big football game. (It's his senior year, and I can't wait to go home in 10 days and see him play!) There was so many things that I wanted to share with the three that did come that I was just overwhelmed with who I should introduce them to, what I should show them, where I should take them...and with so little time!

First things first. Once my family got all of their stuff into my house, we went to Costco. I never thought I would get so excited about grocery shopping! I think we may have gone a little overboard though because now there is limited space in the fridge and the freezer - five dozen eggs gives you an idea. My roommates and I will be making omelets this week. We attended the Rockhurst soccer game on Friday night and after many other activities from the evening, we returned to my house for the night. Oh, but the day was not over. The furniture in the house was not "feng shui." So, at 12:30am my mom and I rearranged the furniture. I had to text my roommates to make sure they didn't come home and call the cops! "Don't be alarmed, nothing is stolen guys; it's just in a different place." Jokes about the eggs and the rearranged furniture flew around all weekend long.

The weekend came to an end too quickly, as time with loved ones often tends to do. My mom and my two youngest siblings began their 9-hour drive back to Denver at about 2pm CST. If I hadn't known it before, that was the moment that I knew that when it comes time for me to finally settle down and have a family of my own (God-willing) there's no way that I could ever be this far away from my true home. I watched them drive away, out of sight after one quick turn down the block. I have plenty of things I want to do before I settle down; plenty of growing, and finding out who I really am and that might take some time away from home, but when all is said and done I will remember where I came from. I don't know what God has in store for me in the next couple of years, but I definitely know in my heart that something big is coming in my life. Something is brewing that is going to change my life forever...I'll keep you updated.





No comments:

Post a Comment