Saturday, July 10, 2010

Some Perspective


Wow! So many awesome things happened this week. To start off the weekend, I got to go see Annie on Friday. We went to a drive-in movie without knowing what movies were playing...we saw Twilight Eclipse - the second movie was Letters to Julia, we left because it was getting really late. Twilight wasn't bad. I didn't really know what was happening because I have never seen the other two. But it was so much fun. Good company makes for a good time no matter where you go.

The next awesome event took place on Tuesday. A Tuesday of all days! It started off, well as all Tuesdays start...suck. Work. What else can I say? But things started looking up when my boss asked me to sharpen the tools in the garage. Well, I bought a machete on my service trip to Belize over spring break and...well it was the perfect opportunity. So I rushed to my townhouse and sharpened it at work. This gets better. When I got home from work, my roommate David Skelton and I found a snake in our living room. How do you get rid of a snake in your living room? Well, if you just sharpened a machete that same day, you take matters into your own hands and cut its head off. I followed these instructions, and I highly recommend them. The results are incredible!
I ended the work week with a task given to me by my boss to cut out a huge bush. He gave me a pair of loppers. All of the branches were intertwined and just a complete mess. I started cutting at the branches and it was taking forever. I wasn't making any progress. Then the thought entered my head..."If only I had a machete that I had sharpened on Monday; that would just make this whole thing so much easier. Oh, wait!" I sped off down to my house to retrieve my machete and, long story short, it took me five minutes to have the entire thing taken out. What a great buy!
This whole week has really put things into perspective for me. My life has been so blessed. I talked to Annie about a mentally handicapped girl she worked with. The girl is 19 and is just learning how to read and write. Annie told me how excited the girl was that she was finally learning how to read. I take for granted every day my ability to read and write; sometimes I even complain about having to read for school. This helped me realize how lucky I am to have grown up in an environment where I was able to get a great education. I could fill hundreds of pages with all of the other blessings which I take for granted every day. I am so thankful for the life that I have been given!








No comments:

Post a Comment